As for an update on Jaden......she's not doing so hot. She is doing really well on her diet. She is amazing how good she has been with the food. She has really rough mornings. It takes her until about 1:00 to 3:00 pm to wake up for the day. The last 3 days have been routine. For example, today she woke up at 7:30 she was totally normal, talking, laughing, doing somersaults on the bed, etc. Then she had a seizure. She didn't wake up after the seizure. She goes into such a deep sleep that you can't wake her. She slept until 8:30 then the same thing. She woke up energetic and within 15 min. she had a seizure and was unwakeable. Then she woke up at 9:30 and the same thing happened. Then around 12:00 today she woke up and stayed awake. Then the seizures she had in the afternoon didn't knock her out. That's been the typical routine lately. She is having about 15 or so in a 24 hour period. I don't know what else to say except that it's frustrating. I worry in the mornings because it seems like it's really taking a toll on her. It's so hard to watch her go from a somersault to a seizure to not being able to wake her. It's so bizarre. Then the afternoon comes and she does fine. We're yet to figure out the reasoning behind night time and mornings being so bad. Anyway, I hope I get time tomorrow to post some pictures.
Friday, March 21, 2008
I know I haven't posted forever. Time is hard to come by these days. I was also out of town Mon-Wed. I got to go to Seattle with the Young Men/Young Women. Our ward did a trip to do baptisms for the dead. It was so much fun. Travis and Jayley both got to go. We had a blast. Our ward only goes once every other year. Each person has to pay their own way and so many of the youth save up for the trip. It was such a neat experience. I love our ward and the youth. They are so much fun. I think I had as much fun as the youth did. We left Monday morning on the 10:00 am flight. We got to Seattle and went to the mall where we had lunch and shopped for 3 hours. Then we went to dinner. The ward paid for dinner. It was at a Chinese restaurant. That was a lot of fun. After dinner, we went to the former Temple Presidents house and him and his wife did a fireside for us. That too was really neat. Then after the fireside we dropped kids off at different houses. People from one of the wards around the temple housed all the kids. The adults all stayed at a hotel by the Temple. Then Tuesday morning we picked kids up at 5:40 am and headed for seminary. After seminary at 7:00 that same ward served us breakfast at the church. Then at 8:30 we headed to the temple. We did baptisms until 12:00. It was so much fun because they let our ward do everything. There were no temple workers at all. We did the whole thing. We had enough men to be the witnesses, the names, the baptizing, and then the women got to run the font (handing a towel to the person coming out of the water and then using a squeegee to move the water to the drain), helping the girls with towels, wet clothes, and shields in the locker room, and someone who sat out in the chapel with the kids. We took turns at all the positions. It was a blast. Then after the baptisms we ate lunch in the cafeteria at the temple. The food was excellent. Then we went to the church and did a service project for the next 4 hours. But during that time me and Shelly (the young women's president) snuck off to the hotel and took a power nap. Oh by the way, those of you who know Jan Alger, Shelly is Jan's cousin. Small world, isn't it. Then we all went to Deseret book. Then dinner and then we went to mutual with that same ward. After mutual the housing families picked up their kids and the adults went back to the hotel. I shared a room with Shelly. We had so much fun. It was neat to spend one on one time like that. We got to know a lot more about each other. Then Wednesday morning, we went back to the temple and did baptisms again. In total we did 840 names. We brought 600+ names with us from members of our ward in Ketchikan. The Seattle temple was very thankful and very impressed. After the temple most of the youth and leaders went back to the airport and had an afternoon flight. Some of us stayed longer. Jayley, Travis, and I had a night time flight. I wanted to make sure I got enough shopping time. We went to lunch at the Olive Garden and then we went to target and the mall. Again, I know I've said it a million times, but it was a blast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment