Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!

So today I'm another year older. I actually don't mind getting older. It gives me excuses for my aches and pains. I kinda wish I could say that I was even older.  :) Today I wanted a clean house for my birthday. I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow morning. (That's another post.) I don't know why I do this, but I have this thing with having to have my house spotless when I go out of town. Even when I'm leaving all 6 kids home with Ron. Jayley told me that she would stay home from school today to help me clean since it was my birthday. Since there are only 2 more days of school, grades are all turned in, and her grades range from a 96 to a 107, I took her up on the offer. She was so sweet. We had a blast. We started the day fixing each others hair. Well, I straightened hers and then she straightened mine. She can't stand to have her hair down so before the day was over she had her hair pulled up again, but that's okay because her hair is so pretty she can get away with it. I told her she was soooo lucky to have the hair she does because it definitely didn't come from me. Okay I think I just got off the subject. We scoured the kitchen. We cleaned out every cupboard and the best part was the fridge. We cleaned every square inch of it. It felt so good. Ron came home and mowed the lawn. It was in dire need of it. It looks so much better. 

My friend Sandy dropped by and brought me flowers (and some spending money for my trip).
(Sandy your the best. I don't know how you do so much for so many people. You are so thoughtful.)
When I wanted to keep cleaning, Ron insisted that he take me out to dinner. I hadn't planned on it, but since the kitchen was so clean and I was starving, I gave in.
We went to a mexican restaurant that sits on the ocean. It's called "Ocean View". It was so beautiful. Look in this picture (above) you can see the moon in the sky and the reflection in the water. We also saw killer whales. While we were sitting outside 3 killer whales and 1  humpback whale were swimming by. It was so awesome. We didn't have the camera or I would have pictures to post of them. 
(Thanks Lupe' for bringing me my camera.)

And of course, I got to wear the good ol' sombrero while everyone sang to me.
And lots and lots of wishes from so many friends on facebook. Thank you to all of my wonderful, awesome friends and family.
(And no Stephanie, there will be no statics for my birthday post, i.e. height, weight, and age. LOL) 

3 comments:

seven smiles said...

Happy b-day! Have a great time this weekend!

(ps- we passed the "test". Whatever you said to that lady worked and she's finally sending us a contract... I'll start training the kids, "easy on the flushing!" jk)

Liz Lane said...

That sounds like my kind of birthday. I would much rather have service done for me instead of gifts. I'm working on cleaning my "house" before my trip. I am the same way. Glad you had a happy birthday. You're almost as old me--can't wait til you catch up.

100 Percent Cottam said...

happy birthday to you! you're still the YOUNGEST looking mother of 6 out there, girl! :)