Monday, June 29, 2009

Rain Shmain...what does it matter!

It is so funny because in Ketchikan nothing is canceled for rain. I mean that seriously. I watched a high school game out the window where home plate was completely under water. The game went on as if it were a nice sunny day. I took this picture of Jayley after one of her softball practices. They still practiced the whole 1 1/2 hours. She was soaked and you can see how soaked the fields are across the street. It's so bizarre, but after a while you get used to it. I guess when get over 13 feet of rain a year it is just part of life.

2 comments:

Kaye and Jared said...

That is crazy huh!

seven smiles said...

Yuck, Vicki!
We've had so much rain this spring and now summer I feel like I live in the Northeast. Almost. I guess you just get used to it? I don't know if I could. I hate being wet for a prolonged amount of time...
And don't even get me started on my hair.
:P