Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May I Speak to Your Mother?

Ring Ring

Sam: Hello
Principal: May I speak to your Mom?
Sam: No
Principal: Will you get your Mom?
Sam: Bye
Click

Ring Ring

Sam: Hello
Principal: Can I talk to your Mom?
Sam: No, I'm watching a movie.
Principal: Will you get your Mom?
Sam: Bye
Click

Ring Ring

Sam: Hello
Jaden: Sam, go get Mom
Sam: I can't
Jaden: Sam, take the phone to Mom
Sam: I can't, Jaden
Jaden: Bring Mom the phone
Sam: Bye
Click

Moral of the story. If you get sent to the principal's office, hope that Sam answers the phone.

I found this all out when Jaden's teacher called me in the evening. It just so happened that at the time that the principal called I was sitting on the front porch watching Travis' P.E. class play softball. Which is why I wasn't hearing the phone ring. Sam didn't want to come outside with me. He was sitting at the desk. He obviously answered the desk phone which is not cordless and is why he "couldn't take the phone to Mom". Fortunately both principal and teacher thought it was hilarious as this was the first time this has ever happened to the principal.


6 comments:

seven smiles said...

Glad you could break in that sheltered principal.
Sam, you are so cute and hilarious!

ps- don't you hate non-cordless phones?!

pps- so, um, is Jaden in big trouble? :)

Vicki said...

Lol! Jaden is always in trouble, but this is the first time she's been sent to the principals office. She was in trouble for pinching a girl. The girl was trying to rub her shoulders and she didn't want her to and she wouldn't stop so she pinched her. While the teacher was trying to help them work it out another student got hit by a swing and so the teacher had to run and help that student. She told Jaden and the other girl that they owed time and they needed to stay right there against the wall until she returned. Jaden did not stay put....no surprise. She ran to the other end of the playground and that's why she got sent to the principals office.

seven smiles said...

Oh, Jaden...
;)

jayandminalyn said...

That's funny. You are doing better with your blog than I am. Each day I plan on updating it, but never make it.

Jennifer Pfaff said...

I love it!! He is so darling!! Gotta love these kinds of moments! They make keeping a blog worth the work!

Liz Lane said...

That made me laugh...then I remembered my kids are not old enough to cause more mischief (than they already do.) I reminded myself not to laugh too hard...until my kids are older. Then, I can conveniently forget all of their bad behavior.