Friday, May 1, 2009
Sam's Birthday
I should have blogged this a month ago when it was his birthday. I remember it was a stressful day, but now I don't remember what all was going on. I know it was mutual night which took me, Travis, and Jayley. I do remember thinking...."I'm glad he's only 3. He doesn't really get what it means when we say, today is your birthday." All I remember about the night is that his birthday didn't start until 9:30 at night. I wanted to wait and just do it the next day, but all of the other kids were freaking out about that. I tried to reason with them and tell them that Sam didn't know the difference, but it didn't fly.
I'm not posting pictures of this cake to impress anyone. It didn't turn out, as you can see. Well, in the pictures part of it is missing because mysterious hands ate some of it before they were suppose to. I had this cake pan I bought back in Feb. to make Travis' cake. Since I ended up being out of town for his birthday I didn't use it. It was suppose to be a cake that you don't have to cut. It tears away in pieces. Well, STUPID is what I think about it. It didn't work. I wasn't sure how you were suppose to ice it. The picture showed it iced all smooth. Whatever! Anyway so this is how I iced it. My cakes don't ever look good, but I can promise that they always taste good. (It's the good old cream cheese frosting.)
By the time it was his "party" this is what was left of the cake that had been sitting on the counter all day. Again, so glad he is only 3 and doesn't know the difference. Of course until he gets old enough to read our family blog books.
Remember the "white trash" curtains. That's a peek from inside the house. (We do have our new blinds up now. So we moved beyond the white trash.)





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ooh! Are those your "new" walls?
More pictures, please. :)
Yes, pictures please! Sam looks happy about his birthday no matter how it took place. Gotta love it!
That cake is too funny. i would have done the same thing. I don't think they really care just as long as it tastes good.
Post a Comment