Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Loving my view

It's so much prettier in real life. I was sitting on the couch and I glanced out the window. It was so beautiful I had to take a picture, but then the picture just wasn't as breathtaking as it was in person. Humor me and click on the picture to see it enlarged. I promise it makes it prettier. Anyway, today starts another long basketball week. It's Regionals this week and it's being hosted in Ketchikan. It rotates each year from Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka. There are so many teams here because it's for all of SE Alaska which is 3 different divisions. We are housing 4 boys from Sitka. Because it's Regionals we have drill teams, cheerleaders, pep clubs, and of course all the basketball teams. This requires not only families with basketball players to house, but also people in the community to volunteer to house. It's really amazing how different it is in this part of the world. Not only is Ketchikan a small, awesome community, but all of SE Alaska within itself is a community. The Alaska Marine Highway even adds extra boats during this time to accommodate all of the schools and their various teams and clubs so everyone can get here. 

I'm looking forward to the next few days. Games have already started today. There is even a competition for the drill teams and cheerleaders. I don't recall Page having that or maybe I just didn't pay attention to what the cheerleaders ever did. Everyone says it's way cool to watch. 

I haven't headed over to the high school yet, but as soon as I post I'm on my way out the door. And oh how I love that I just walk across the street. hehe.

4 comments:

jayandminalyn said...

Sounds like a fun week, but busy.
I miss that.
That is a pretty view and even prettier when you enlarge it.

Liz Lane said...

I'm sorry but snow and pretty don't belong in the same sentence.

Jennifer Pfaff said...

I think it looks gorgeous. Though I only like the snow when I can visit it and then go home to the sunshine and warmth. I'm totally climatized to Phoenix's weather. But, it truly is a beautiful picture! You did good!

Anonymous said...

All I ever wanted is a house with a view-- I didn't get it-- Yours is beautiful!

Heidi Taylor