Saturday, October 4, 2008

Punky Brewster???

Jaden is such a crack up. She sure has her own personality. She loves her fourth of July outfit. She put it on to go to the park. Ron told her that it was too cold to wear that. So she came back with tights and a long sleeve shirt under it. She really wanted to wear her 4th outfit. She said, "but Mom it is sooo cute. It's my favorite outfit." This was yesterday. We had a ward potluck last night and I let her wear it to that. It's just so her. She fell asleep early in it so that's what she slept in. 

This morning during the morning session of conference she helped me make pancakes. I poured the batter and she did the rest. She loves helping in the kitchen.

I've been thinking lately that I want to start a family tradition for watching conference. The only problem is that I can't think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas that they would like to share with me? It may just be making caramel popcorn or cookies. I don't know. What does everyone else do? I want to start something that becomes a tradition. Please give me some ideas. 

Because we are in Alaska, conference is from 8-10 and 12-2.

8 comments:

Donalyn said...

She is so cute.

I always make french toast and eggs and bacon, orange juice for Saturday. Then this year for Sundays I am going to make creps with cream cheese filling, and have pie fillings blue berry, raspberry, cherrei, and strawberry and whip cream for toppings, and bacon and fruit. Last year I did a quiche. I have also done Belguim waffles before, and German Pancakes. I try to make it nice.

seven smiles said...

We always do a really great breakfast on one of the mornings,

{and don't read this all you health nuts}

We have a treat bowl, and the kids take notes on all the conference talks they want to. They choose how many--but for every one that they take good notes on, they get to choose a treat from the bowl.

Its works great for us.

Boo, hiss on the tooth decay and the calories I'm contributing to,
but they really do listen and take great notes. :P

{I'll be checking back here to see what other inspiring things other families are doing!}

Donalyn said...

I like that treat idea. Hey, I think anything you can do to get kids to listen. Mom and Dad use to let us pick a treat out of the jar everytime we wrote in journal. It helped to start a good habit.

Liz Lane said...

You should do the goody bags--like I did that time you came over with the kids for conference. Make them each their own special bag with a craft, conference related games (all over the internet), and picture cards of the general authorities. When you came over, I remember thinking, "If I were a Mom, I would do cool stuff like this ALL OF THE TIME." Ha, ha, ha. Egg on my face.

Jaymi said...

Jaden looks like Alex from wizards of waverly place on the disney channel.

The Framptons said...

I think she looks so cute. Jeremy likes to cook breakfast for conference. I put together a packet of conference activities I gather from different websites. This year Dona sent me one so I didn't have to work so hard on it. My girls love conference bingo. But my most favorite is we drive up the canyon and listen to it on the radio while the girls sit in their car seats and do their packets or play bingo. We only do the drive for one of the sessions, but an hour up and an hour down works perfect. Of course living in alaska you would need xm radio to get it. Anyway I look forward to fall conference every year because the leaves are changing and the canyon is beautiful.

The Framptons said...

by the way I love the new blog background

Heather said...

We do rice pudding one day and bread pudding the other day. I got the bread pudding from my Aunt and Cody likes rice pudding so he's asked for that on the other day. It's fun and not something that we have to babysit while it cooks.