Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sam is potty trained

Sam is finally potty trained. I'm so glad I'm done with this for good. He was my last one and it took me the longest with him. I did get him trained before he turned 2 1/2, but it was awefully close. 

Jayley tried working with him at the beginning of the summer. Things didn't go so well. These pictures are from that time. He's been fully trained for over a week now. (My definition of fully trained is that he goes on his own. I don't have to help  him. I'll occasionally give reminders,  but that's it.) 

I've  been wanting to post it, but I haven't taken any pictures of him. Then I remembered these pictures that Jayley had taken. I know Jayley's efforts this summer made it a whole lot easier for me. Once I got the kids in school and it was just me and Sam, we got it done.
Aren't they so cute in their little underwear.

Jayley rewarded him with treats each time he went.

8 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

you are a better woman than i am. i refuse to even give it a shot with mason until he's 3. i just can't take the aggravation right now, 8 months pregnant, and with a new baby here soon. he can wait until february! unless he just decides to do it himself! :)

Johnsonsblog said...

He is so cute I just want to sweeze him and give him a big kiss.

Liz Lane said...

I'm so jealous. I'm already burned out. Porter decided he wanted to wear a diaper. I am going to keep reminding them, but maybe just back off a little. Madison is still in underwear this morning. We'll see how long it lasts.

Jaymi said...

I want to borrow Jayley for christmas break or this summer so she can potty train Krew, cause I know she usually does a really good job. Lucky you!

seven smiles said...

Jayley is one awesome sister + daughter.

Sam, you are adorable!

Kaye and Jared said...

Yeah!! Life just got a little cheaper for you with no more diapers!

The Germain Family said...

Congrats on that. To answer your question on my blog. Jill lives in Prosser, WA on the other side of the mountains she drove over to Seattle to see us. It was a great time cuz she got us out of the hotel! We were stuck there for a week. TOO LONG

Donalyn said...

Sam is so cute...can't you just send him to me. Jayley is wonderful!!