Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Grocery Store

This is one of my favorite things about Ketchikan. When we first moved here I was so awed at how beautiful the scenery was from the grocery store parking lot.  I loved to pull in and I still do. I always park on this outside isle. Saturday after soccer games we were going to the Safeway Deli for lunch. (It's actually one of the best places to eat lunch.) I had my camera with me because of the soccer games so I snapped some pictures.

You can see my suburban parked here in the parking lot of our local Safeway.

When you pull in and park you pull right up against the ocean. It's so beautiful. You can see the cruise ships down the way. Saturday and Sunday are slow cruise ship days. Most days there are 4-6 ships docked.
Brent and Sam were enjoying watching the sailboats and seaplanes.
This isn't a very good picture of Sam and Brent, but I love it cause it captures all of the beautiful things. If you look closely you can see birds, sailboats, and seaplanes all in this picture. That's what Ketchikan is all about.

3 comments:

seven smiles said...

Beautiful.
Maybe someday I'll get to see it in person. :)

I can always hope, right?

Kaye and Jared said...

It sure is beautiful! Pictures sometimes don't do justice though huh!

Donalyn said...

Neat picture!