Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cute Questionnaire

I thought this was really cute. I enjoyed asking my kids these questions. It makes you realize how your kids perceive you. I've improved over the years. When Jake was in pre-school his teacher did a similar questionnaire. 
One question was, 
What does your mom always say to you?
Jake at age 4:  I'm going to go psycho on you. 
I'm glad now I just ask him to be quiet:) oops-please be quiet.


1. What is something mom always says to you?

Brent (9)-I love you too
Jayley (12)-Lower your voice
Jake (7)-Please be quiet.
Travis (14)-How was your day?
Jaden (5)-Let’s get working.

2. What makes mom happy?
Brent-When we clean
Jayley-When the house is clean
Jake-When we clean our room without you telling us to.
Travis-a clean house.
Jaden-cleaning the dishes

3. What makes mom sad?
Brent-I don’t know what makes you sad, but Dad gets sad when we are rude to him.
Jayley-When we fight.
Jake-Not cleaning when she tells us to.
Travis-when know one helps you clean.
Jaden-if I go to April’s house and I didn’t ask.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Brent-When you make fun of Travis.
Jayley-When you fart.  embarrassing!
Jake-Saying funny things.
Travis-saying something funny.
Jaden-when you fart it makes me laugh. embarrassing!

I have to say that Brent and Jake were just reading this and Brent said, "What? you hardly ever fart." 

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Brent-I don’t know
Jayley-She was good at sports
Jake-Good. Gets beat by her dad. lol
Travis-How would I know?
Jaden-you liked playing with your friends.

6. What is her favorite thing to do?
Brent-playing with us
Jayley-Work/read blogs
Jake-Read the scriptures.
Travis-go to lunch with her friends.
Jaden-type on the computer because we always see you on the computer.

7. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Brent-I don’t know. How should I know that. If I’m not around how would I know.
Jayley-Either cleans the house or shops.
Jake-Read a book and go on the computer.
Travis-clean
Jaden-she feels sad.

8. What is your mom really good at?
Brent-Cooking
Jayley-Volleyball and basketball
Jake-Playing the flute
Travis-cleaning
Jaden-she’s good at putting my name on my door (vinyl lettering)

9. What is your mom not very good at?
Brent-Well, I know you’re good at cleaning so should I put cleaning outside.
Jayley-Singing
Jake-Soccer
Travis-focusing on things besides cleaning.
Jaden-she’s not good at remembering to give me my medicine.

10. What does your mom do for her job?
Brent-She doesn’t have a job.
Jayley-She’s a mom
Jake-She’s doesn’t have a job.
Travis-cleans
Jaden-she fasts when we want to get a house.

11. What is your mom's favorite food?
Brent-You have a lot of favorite foods.
Jayley-enchiladas
Jake-Avocado soup
Travis-mexican food
Jaden-broccoli and carrots

12. What makes you proud of your mom?
Jayley-She’s so skinny
Jake-When you clean the house and we’re gone. It’s cool.
Travis-she’s nice and helpful
Jaden-because she buys me things.

13. What do you and your mom do together?
Brent-Go to wal-mart.
Jayley-Go shopping.
Jake-Go to the store, have FHE, go to our games.
Travis-talk
Jaden-sometimes we can go to Disneyland.

14. How are you and your mom the same?
Brent-We are both happy.
Jayley-We both like to shop.
Jake-We kind of have the same kind of shape of head.
Travis-we’re both good at basketball.
Jaden-I don’t know.

15. How are you and your mom different?
Brent-You’re a girl and I’m a boy.
Jayley-I’m picky, she’s not.
Jake-My Dad’s not that mean and your Dad is. (boy Dad, do you have your feelings hurt yet?)
Travis-I like to do fun stuff.
Jaden-we have different bodies.

16. How do you know your mom loves you?
Brent-Because she says it.
Jayley-Because she does so many things for me.
Jake-Cause when we clean, you are really happy.
Travis-all girls do.
Jaden-because I’m sweet and cute.

17. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?

Brent-The Temple
Jayley-Ocean View (Mexican restaurant in town)
Jake-Go to church
Travis-to visit her family

Jaden-Disneyland



10 comments:

Liz Lane said...

That is so cute. I'll have to save that for when my kids get older. I wish I could ask them now. Maybe I should ask Brant.

Donalyn said...

That was really cute...but I want to know when you ever got beat.

I am going to do that on my kids. That was fun reading their comments...very cute.

jayandminalyn said...

That was cute. But what have you been telling them about your Dad.

Those were good question, I think I would be afraid to do a survey with my kids. It's good to see how they do see things.
Love ya

Vicki said...

Okay-in Dad's defense......this summer when he lived with us, he made my kids clean. I was very grateful for his help and reinforcements. Jake was the laziest of all. Dad wouldn't let him out of cleaning. Jake did a lot of time out. He thought Grandpa was so mean. Me and Dad would tell him, "be glad he's not your Dad. He'd beat me when I was little. You just have to go in time out." It was comments like that.

100 Percent Cottam said...

love this, how fun! i'll have to do this with maya.

Donalyn said...

Oh Ok I was wondering what are you telling your kids. Now me I'm another story...hahaha

Remmeber Mike Vest when he go home from his mission asked if you were still Dads favorite.

seven smiles said...

That was cute!

And I love your dad, but a certain sink in a certain pizza parlor comes to mind...

(We're all the better for it, the generational discipline, right? I survived it.)

And,
I didn't know you played the flute.
;)

Jaymi said...

That was hilarious! I think everyone needs to do the questionaire and post it(those with kids old enough to anwser). It was fun to read.

Nat Lud said...

That was so awesome! I am loving the comments--especially the fart ones. Classic. Your kids are so cute!

The Framptons said...

I agree with Jaymi. I'd love to hear what everyone says. My favorite was Jake's "I'm going to go psycho on you"