Friday, September 19, 2008

political soap box

This morning I was going to spend some time on the computer and upload some soccer pictures for my blog.  I checked my e-mail first. That was a big mistake because now it's 1.5 hours later and I really need to get dressed before Ron comes home for lunch. My new internet obsession has been politics. Yes, me into politics. I know it's a little crazy. But this election to me is so black and white. And I don't mean literally black and white even though it is. It is righteous vs. evil. I don't understand how every living soul can't see that. But then I remind myself that there has always been opposition. Good, righteous people have always been fighting evil doers. Our family scripture study just so happens to be in Alma right now. When Captain Moroni is talking about the freeman (Republicans) and the kingmen (democrats) it rings so true to what is going on in our country right now. In the past I have felt like elections were choosing the lesser of two evils. With this election, I am so excited for the Republican ticket. How can you be a true American and support Obama?

I'm not done with my soapbox. I have one more thing that occupied my time on the internet today. It is AB 2567. California legislation  just passed a bill marking May 22 as Harvey Milk Day. It is to be celebrated in all public schools. Basically, Harvey Milk Day is Gay/Lesbian Day. The schools are to celebrate and talk about his life on that day. He was a gay activist.  Can you imagine your children going to school and celebrating gay/lesbian day? Fortunately, Governor Schwarzeneggar has the ability to veto the bill. As of Sept. 19th he hasn't looked over the bill. He said that until the California budget is agreed upon with lawmakers he won't be passing or vetoing any bill. You can follow it on snopes to see the outcome. Just type in Harvey Milk Day.

Ugh!! How can we be surrounded by so many idiots??????????

3 comments:

Liz Lane said...

If you like politics, then maybe a run for Alaska's governor may be in your future. I hear the position may open up really soon.

Nat Lud said...

Woah, chica! He he. I have been feeling the same way. Obama-blech. So not a fan.

Donalyn said...

Sad to say how stupid some people can be. I have tried not get into too much arguing over it, but there have been times that I can't keep my mouth shut, and some of these people are my friends. I thought they had a brain. It is so easy to see right from wrong in this case. I sure like your Governor. I had one lady ask me do you really want Palin a heart beat away from the Presidency, I said darn right better than Obama being the heart beat.