Okay, I said yesterday that my attitude changes constantly. Well, today was such a good day. First of all Jaden had an appointment at Primary Children's at 1:00. I love Dr. Filloux so much. He is the nicest and coolest guy. He's so patient with Jaden and so nice to her. Let me see if I can put his explanation of her behavior in writing. He said that her brain was so overworked and so exhausted from all of the seizures that it was like it had just run a marathon. He said that it is still exhausted and has temporary brain damage. He said that he is confident that it is temporary brain damage because the MRI looked so good. If it were permanent then it would have shown up on the MRI. So basically, the frontal lobe which he said is what controls her thinking and decision making is in a recovery period right now and will need time to recuperate. I love how conservative he is with medication. He has her on a very low dose of zonegran. She only had 2 seizures yesterday. Even though they are not totally gone yet, he said he would rather give her more time to have the seizures stop completely than jump the gun and increase the medication if it's not necessary. He also said that he could give her medication for the behavior, but he hates to do it because it makes them so lethargic, drowsy, and out of it. I told him that my approach is as little medication as possible and he said great then we will just wait and see how she does. Also, her coordination is still a little off. He had her do some coordination tests. He had her reach out and touch a toy with her right index finger and then with her left. Oh, I forgot to mention that prior to going into the hospital and all during her stay in the hospital she quit using her left hand/arm. It was as if it were paralyzed. He said there can be temporary paralysis with the seizures. So back to today. When she did the pointing test her right hand was fine, but her left hand had a hard time touching the toy. That was so much better though than 3 days ago. Also, he had her hold her hands out like she was superman. The right hand was fine, but the left hand was fidgety. It couldn't hold in place. He's hopeful as the brain recovers that it will all go back to normal. She has another appointment with him on Wed. April 30th.
The next thing we did today was take her to the cranial sacral appointment. Now this was really interesting. Six months ago I would have thought this was all soooooo crazy. However, I've read a few books on this kind of stuff (energy work) and then my experiences with Tamara. I don't understand energy work, but I know that there is something to it. It really is valid. So with the cranial massage, the lady started working on the base of her head. It looked like she was holding pressure points. She said that her energy was like it was stagnant. It wasn't flowing hardly at all. So she worked with different channels and got the energy flowing. Now I know this will sound crazy, but she said that her spirit was out of her body. She said that when children go through a lot of trauma they disconnect from their bodies. It's interesting because I told the doctors at the hospital that I was worried about her not feeling any pain. She would fall face first on the tile because of a seizure and get a huge goose egg on her forehead and then when she would come out of the seizure it was as if she had no injury. I would ask her if her head hurt and she would just look at me like what are you talking about. Another time about 2 weeks ago she had her thumb in her mouth when she went into a seizure. She clenched down on her thumb. I was so afraid she was going to bite it off. When the seizure was over and I got her thumb out of her mouth it swelled so huge immediately. It was so swollen that the skin was shiny. It looked like it was going to burst. Well, she never even looked at it or said yeah or nay. I was so shocked that it wasn't killing her. It was so strange. So, I told the Drs. that she didn't react to pain. Well, this lady today told me that's why her spirit was separated from her body. She said that by doing this the spirit couldn't feel the pain and trauma she was going through. She said that if they (spirit/body) disconnect then the spirit can deal with what's going on with the physical body. She is going to work with her over the next 2 weeks to get Jaden reconnected with herself. She said that once she is comfortable with her physical body again then her spirit will stay and she will have full feeling and emotions back. Jaden NEVER cries, she told me that this will change once she's done working on her because she will be in full connection with her body and that is so much healthier. Kinda weird I know, but I really believe it. Jaden has an appointment with her again on Thursday.
Now I'm going to get my camera and see if I can get some pictures posted.
Oh, I forgot to mention that in addition to all of the behavior problems, Jaden is also loosing her hair. She has huge bald patches in the back. Both Dr. Filloux and the energy lady believe that it is stress related. Dr. Filloux said that if it doesn't get better as she gets better then down the road he will do blood tests to see if she has an immune disease such as alopecia.
P.S. I forgot to say also that part of the behavior problems is the lack of using the toilet. She pees and poops in a diaper. We first started putting a diaper on her when the seizures started increasing because she would urinate during a seizure which is totally out of her control. She was having so many seizures that I was going through a load of laundry a day just for her. It seemed so weird to put a diaper on a 4 year old, but finally I decided it was the best thing. Now that she is hardly having any seizures I took the diaper off and put her underwear back, but no she peed 3 times yesterday. I finally put the diaper back on her. It's depressing to change a 4 almost 5 year old. On a good note, Dr. Filloux and Diana (the energy worker) both weren't surprised by it. Dr. Filloux said when her brain is healthy she will snap right back to normal. Diana said that it didn't surprise her because her bladder (energy speaking) was completely shut down.
3 comments:
i'm so happy to hear SO much good news!!! progress! we are praying and praying for all of you guys.
Yay!
Its a start in the right direction. I'm so happy I could cry. Good luck with everything. Jaden, you're a trooper! (and so is her mom ;)
I'm so glad to hear some good news. I hope it continues to go well for Jayden and you. We are always praying for you guys.
Post a Comment