Sunday, July 19, 2009

17 Years

It seems so strange that it's been 17 years since we got married. We had a wonderful anniversary celebration. A couple of times we have done something a little bigger, like one year we went to Mesquite, another we went to Hawaii (well it was 5 months later, but we planned it as our anniversary trip), another year we went on an Alaskan cruise (before we lived in Alaska) and the rest well, it's just been dinner. This year I knew we weren't doing anything more than dinner so I asked Ron if he minded if we went on a hike and picked some berries first. He was all for it. So we set out and went on a hiking trail that we have never hiked. We went out to Settlers Cove. It is as far north as you can drive. There was a beautiful trail that wound past a huge waterfall and at one point popped out at the ocean. Next, we found huge salmonberry bushes full of unpicked berries. We stopped and picked berries. Next, we were off to dinner. We decided to eat at Salmon Falls. It has a gorgeous view. It is out north and very expensive, so we don't usually eat there. It was a beautiful day and the view was amazing. Next, I thought we were on our way home when Ron surprised me and told me we were staying the night at Cape Fox. It already had been a perfect evening. He arranged with the kids ahead of time and told them what he was up to, so Travis and Jayley were prepared to babysit over night. It was so much fun and the kids did great. We only received a handful of calls from them, like who gets to sleep with Sam, who gets to sleep in our bed, etc. (just slight amounts of fighting.)  
Ron bought me 17 roses. This is his tradition. He has done it since our 1st anniversary. 













View  from our restaurant table.



And then the view from our hotel room.

Alaska is so beautiful. It's the most peaceful place I've ever been. We love it up here.

5 comments:

Jaymi said...

That was thoughtful of Ron and I love the pictures. They are always so beautiful.

Jennifer Pfaff said...

The pictures are beautiful!!! Alaska does look like a gorgeous place to be! I'm so happy for you Vicki!! Congrats on 17 years!! Doesn't it fly by???? Thank goodness we have eternity to look forward to!! :) {You two look beautiful too!} :)

Heather said...

I love those chairs on your deck. They really do look good there. :)

I'm glad you found a bunch of berries. They are good when they are ripe.

jayandminalyn said...

How neat and want fun you must of had. I love the pictures and I really like the last one. Love you.

seven smiles said...

You guys look so good!

Happy anniversary. :)