Sunday, July 12, 2009

For Liz

While at my family reunion in Sierra Vista, AZ this past June, Liz and I took a morning walk. Sierra Vista is nice, little town East of Tucson.  The reunion was held at my Uncle's property. He has several acres with beautiful, white horsing fences around it. The weather was perfect. Even though it was June, it was in the 70's and 80's. On our walk, we walked down a lane that bordered my Uncle's property. The white fencing lead right up to a beautiful Church. I don't recall what kind of Church it was. The road to the Church looped around and so we followed it. As we were walking past some of the Church grounds, Liz said, "Do you know how you can tell this isn't a Mormon Church?" (besides the obvious) I replied, "No, how?" She then pointed to the lone gardener pulling weeds and said if it were a Mormon Church then the whole congregation would be pulling weeds. 

Well, the week after I returned home from that trip, our ward had a Saturday service project. It was to pull all of the weeds on the Church grounds. 

So here's for you Liz! LOL




It is a Mormon Church!

2 comments:

seven smiles said...

That's funny.

Good observation, Liz. ;)

Liz Lane said...

That's funny. I forgot about that conversation--but I was so right!