Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm home

I'm home from my trip. I got home last night. Sam and I had so much fun. I wish I could have taken my whole family, but they are all in school and it's so danged expensive to. I'm so proud of Ron. He did such a good job. The house was spotless. Yes, indeed he stayed up cleaning until 2:00 in the morning. He knows how to win my heart. 

Jaden woke up with a fever this morning. I told her she wasn't going to school because she had a fever. She was so excited to get to stay home with me. She keeps telling me,
"Mom, thank you so much for checking my fever."

So how do you get to Utah from Alaska?
a boat
a plane
another plane
a train
a bus
and then a car.

Yep, that's all.

a boat
 this is the ferry because Ketchikan is on a different island than the airport.
a plane
Ketchikan to Seattle
another plane
Seattle to Las Vegas
a train
the train/tram at McCarren airport to get to the terminal
a bus
the shuttle bus to get to the rental car center
a car
to drive to Utah.

4 comments:

Jennifer Pfaff said...

That's alot of stops!! You're a good woman, I think I would of said "I'll be there in spirit." :) Glad to hear you made it safely there and back, and to a clean house. WOW!! Lucky girl!

The Framptons said...

I wish you could have brought your whole family as well. I miss them. But it was so fun to see you and Sam was amazing.

Kaye and Jared said...

You definitely have more of an adventure getting home than we do and I thought ours was an ordeal. I guess it is minus the ferry. What fun memories though. I agree it's so STINKIN' expensive though to go ANYWHERE!!

seven smiles said...

Wow! What a trip! Glad you were able to go, though.