Friday, February 27, 2009

They are all different






I think when you have your second kid, you realize how different each personality is. The more you have, the more you realize just HOW different they all are. No two are alike. Sam is one unique little dude. He does not like to watch TV. Nothing.....I mean literally this little 2 almost 3 year old is home all day with me and does not watch 5 minutes of TV. I will turn the TV on to PBS...Barney, Dragon Tales, Little Einsteins, or Buzz lightyear...every little boy loves buzz lightyear....you name it and he won't watch it. I turn the TV on and I don't tell him. I just slyly turn it on hoping that it will catch his attention. Nope! When he hears it on he gets mad at me. Okay, now I'm going to take you on a little side story. He eats a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for lunch. I can't convince him that he wants to eat something different. Ron and I might eat leftover enchiladas and for Sam it's another peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I bought a sandwich cutter that cuts a whole sandwich into 2 cute little long neck dinosaurs. Everyday this is how he eats his PB&J, in the shape of dinosaurs. So the other night this light bulb turned on in my head. I went down to the storage and dug out the old VHS tapes. Ah-ah! The Land Before Time. Sam will love the Land Before Time. It's dinosaurs just like his PB&J everyday. It was in the evening and so Jaden was home. Sam was excited to go sit with her and share a blanket and watch the Land Before Time. He seemed to LOVE it. So this morning when he woke up I said,
Me: Sam do you want to go watch Little Foot?
Sam: NO 
Me: but it's the movie about the dinosaurs that you watched last night with Jaden.
Sam: No, I don't want to watch Little Foot.
Me: It's just like your sandwich dinosaurs. It's a movie about dinosaurs.
Sam: Hysterically sobbing, No I don't want to watch Little Foot.
Me: You don't have too, I just thought you might like to watch it.
Sam: bawling, No I don't want to watch it.

It was seriously so funny. I got the camera out and just started snapping pictures. He was so upset just at the mention of watching a movie. He really does NOT like to watch TV. 

5 comments:

seven smiles said...

Oh my gosh--that is too funny.
And you're right they are all SO different!

The Framptons said...

maybe he was crying because he was sad that little foot's mom died. Remember Travis bawled after he watched it because the mom died.

Johnsonsblog said...

Yeap you have a different little kid there. I don't know what I would do if Taylor and Breanna didn't watch T.V. It probably would be a good thing:)

Jennifer Pfaff said...

That is so funny! Jaylee didn't watch anything for the longest time. Now she watches Signing Time. She loves it. It is so true, no two are alike. It amazes me how you can take the same two parents and have multiple children and none of them are alike. I can't believe how different all my boys are. Night and day! :)

Kaye and Jared said...

That's funny~ I can relate too Malia doesn't watch any tv. The only thing she likes to watch is Baby Signing time and that is only if it is in our bedroom. It would be nice once and a while for her to sit for 5 minutes....nope she is definitely always on the go.