Tuesday, July 1, 2008

update on Jaden

I feel like it's time to update on Jaden. You can pretty much figure that no news is good news. She is doing so awesome. As of the 1st part of June I can actually say that she is 100% normal as far as brain function goes. She is actually a normal 5 yr. old girl. She is great at church in Primary. She can play outside and be trusted not to run away. She is totally normal. However, the seizure activity doesn't like to leave her alone. She has been having 2-3 seizures a week this past month. Two nights ago she had 3 in one night. Her pediatrician called me this morning and he was going to contact her neurologist in SLC. He will then call me with the new medication dose. I don't know what they will want me to increase it to. This kind of seems to be her pattern. Once she adjusts to a new medication it quits being as effective. At this point I am just so thankful that her brain is normal and she is acting age appropriate. 

You know when you are first faced with a health problem it seems like (at least for me) that if you are willing to do what it takes there is a solution. After 3 yrs. of dealing with Jaden's seizures, I feel like in her case I have been humbled to accept Heavenly Father's will in her life. I have tried everything from Drs. to alternative. And I mean EVERYTHING. I tried every "normal" alternative treatment clear down to the crazy energy treatments. I've done everything the neuro's in Las Vegas and Seattle told me to do. And nothing has fixed it. Now that I realize that Heavenly Father doesn't intend for this to go away at least right now. I feel like I can accept it easier because I don't feel like I can do anything more. Before I always felt like there was something more I should be doing for her. It's not the case. So for now, I am just sooooo thankful that I finally ended up with Dr. Filloux in SLC. He has been the most amazing of all who have treated her. And since she has to have epilepsy, I'm just glad she has a neurologist who really does care. 

Hopefully all she will need to stop these latest seizures is a dose increase.  I'm hoping it doesn't lead to a second medication again. But for now she is doing AWESOME!!!

2 comments:

Liz Lane said...

I'm glad you update your blog...no one else does! It's nice to have something to read.

The Framptons said...

Thanks for the update on Jaden. You have been so amazing through all of it and have taught me so much just through your endurance of all this and you've done it with a such a positive attitude. You're amazing Vicki.