Monday, June 30, 2008

picking berries



The kids discovered today that we have blueberry bushes and salmonberry bushes all around our house. They actually grow wild everywhere here. 

Summer is FINALLY here.  It was so cold last week and really the whole month of June. Today hit 80 degrees. That's hot for Ketchikan. The kids were getting too hot outside. Actually the more I think about it, the neighbor kids were getting too hot. I don't think I heard mine complain. They must still be used to Vegas.


Jake was "repelling". He tied a rope to his shorts. The knot got too tight and he was stuck until Travis came home and rescued him.
Brent and Autumn picking the blueberries.
Travis to the rescue.
These are the salmonberries. They look like a strawberry colored raspberry.
Sam with a bowl of blueberries. He kept scrunching up his nose while he was saying, "cheese". That's the best smile I could get out of him.

4 comments:

Donalyn said...

Oh you are so lucky to have the fresh berries!!!

Johnsonsblog said...

Sam is the cutest thing ever! I just want to hug him and give him kisses!

Nat Lud said...

He is so adorable! And those berries look yum--are they? I am so bummed we might not be able to come! Hopefully we'll work something out. Looks like you've had fun with your sister there!

The Framptons said...

Love the pictures. Jake cracks me up. And the salmonberry picture is way awesome.