Travis came home grinning from ear to ear on Wednesday.
Now what would make Travis grin like that...
a visit from John Bytheway.
John was on a cruise with his wife and kids and he happened to come into the store that Travis was working at. Travis and another LDS girl were both working. They were telling John the different cd's of his that they have listened to.
Do you remember John's "flying solo" cd?
At the start of this cd he talks about a conversation he had with some old buddies. They are talking about what each of them do for an occupation. When it gets to John, he says "I go to Youth Conference". (He says this in a funny voice).
Travis and Shalayne were telling him that they were going to youth conference the next morning. John then imitated the
"I go to youth conference".
Travis was just ecstatic. He was grinning all night long. I asked him why he didn't call me so I could come and take a picture of him with John and he said,
"Mom, I was at work."
5 comments:
That is so cool! I'm glad he got to have that experience. It reminded me of when Donny Osmond came through Taco Bell. I'm glad you keep up your blog.
How cute. I can picture that awesome Travis grin now! Pretty sure we should have followed through and moved there too! Sounds way more fun!
How fun is that?!
I'm not going to tell Jameson that Travis has "fun" job.
Jameson gets up every morning @ 4 am, and works in the blistering Arizona sun shoving tree branches into a chipper for roughly 10-11 hours a day, M-Th.
Then he comes home and goes to bed by 7 pm.
Travis,
you are not allowed to tell that you work in a souveinir shop and get to meet celebrities! ;)
Let's just keep that between us, shall we?
{and, dang it,
next time call your mom.
I wanted to see the pictures...}
That is really neat. John Bytheway is such fun guy to listen too. I love to listen to him, he never gets old. Lucky Travis!!
I'd give anyting to here Travis tell that story. I love that he knows who John BTW is and that he looks up to him. Travis is such an awesome kid. LOOOVVVEEE him. Oh yeah, that is so cool he got to talk to John BTW, he was my favorite youth conference speaker too.
Post a Comment