1-not true ever
2-sometimes true and
3-always true.
I was teary eyed having to answer with a 1. She's not enjoyable. She's a pain in the butt. I know that is cruel, but it takes such a toll on you when it is every waking moment. I think I need to pray for patience and the ability to love her more.
We resonate with the Prophet Joseph’s petition after he had been falsely accused and imprisoned in Liberty Jail for months: “O God, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?”
The Lord’s answer is reassuring:
“My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
“And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high.”
"This life is not always easy, nor was it meant to be; it is a time of testing and proving."
Do you ever wonder why we go through what we go through? Why do I have a child that is so "not normal" that she's not enjoyable to be around and is a challenge all the time. It doesn't matter that it's not her fault. She has intractable epilepsy (uncontrolled seizures). The location of her seizures are in the frontal lobe which effect her behavior. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with the behavior. Why does Travis have an absolutely sweet, sweet little girl that is such a pleasure to be around that everyone wants to have her around and yet she is suffering so severely that the parents want her to move on to the next life instead of continuing to endure her pain and suffering. www.prayforari.blogspot.com
*************************************************************
I decided that it was very necessary for me to go to www.lds.org and look for some answers. I know I know the answers, but at the same time I need reassurance.
Elder Quintin L. Cook, quorum of the twelve apostles:
The Lord’s answer is reassuring:
“My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
“And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high.”
Elder Quintin L. Cook also said,
I guess that is an answer to my question...Do you ever wonder?
8 comments:
vicki, i've been keeping up on jaden's journey and i just wanted to say how sorry i am that you're all going through such a difficult trial. i am praying for her and just as much for YOU! you're looking to the right source for your answers about trials...that that liberty jail article was a fabulous one. i hope you find some answers for you and for jaden and that you guys can get this thing figured out. sending hugs to alaska!!
Vicki, I always wonder. I hope things get better. Hang in there.
Vicki, this was one of your best posts yet. I am so sad for all that you are going through. I know I've said it before, but I'm not going to stop: I wish we lived closer to each other. Seeing you a few weeks ago was a great rejuvenator for me. I love all the quotes and counsel you found in your "search". Doesn't really make it any easier, though, does it? Just makes you know you're not alone.
xo
Yup! I wonder all the time. Thanks for posting this one, Vicki. You are so awesome! You and Ron are such laid back people and I think that's why Heavenly Father knew you could handle Jaden. We love that girl. Keep your head up, sista! Love you guys.
You are amazing to me. You reminded me of a story I posted here - http://bit.ly/2O67gz
What an inspirational post, Vicki. Thanks. It makes me so grateful for my blessings.
Vicki you don't realize how patient you are, you may feel guilty for the way you are feeling because your her mom and you think a mother should not have those feelings, but you have done a great job and you still are human. You have been just as great of an example in you situation as Travis and Haley have been in their situation.
And I was complaining because my baby has an ear infection. You and Travis definately have me beat. On a more serious note.... that post really was touching. You are amazing and you are way more patient than anyone I know. Not to mention very loving. All the time you have put into trying to find anything and everything you could to help Jaden from the eye guy to the homeopathic lady has been commendable. You have done so much to try and help her anyway you can bo matter what it takes. That is huge Vicki!!! I am so proud of you. Hang in there. Love ya Vic
Post a Comment