Monday, October 19, 2009

Quote

“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven. …” (Orson F. Whitney)

4 comments:

seven smiles said...

I love that. Thanks for sharing it.

Liz Lane said...

That is a great quote. I think you have aptly medicated everyone who is going through above-average trials.

Jennifer Pfaff said...

Vicki- Love your thoughts!!! I hope all is going well. I know Heavenly Father is mindful of us, but sometimes I sure wish we could call "home" and actually talk to Him! :) Much love sent your way! (And I might have to steal this thought!) :)

TippettsTimes said...

I am constantly amazed at your strength. Your ability to love life and take things as they come is inspiring! Your children are blessed to have you as a mother!