Saturday, November 22, 2008

More basketball

You guessed it more basketball up here in Alaska.
Friday night was a 3 on 3 tournament. It's so much fun.
 
*It starts at 5:00 p.m. 
*It's double elimination
*Score to 15 by 1's, 3 pointers are worth 2
*half court games 
*It's one of the big fund raisers for the high school teams.
 *3 age divisions for boys/3 for girls
Ron was on a team in the men's open division. They didn't make it very far, but they were the oldest team in the tournament and they didn't have a sub. Their 4th guy got sick and didn't make it. I only got this picture taken of him. (He's in the orange, on the left, Bishop Youngberg on the right with the ball, and Travis Tippets barely seen in the middle). Last year Ron was on the winning team. 

I didn't get to play. The teachers I play with had a school fundraiser at the Elementary school that same night and so none of them could play. It was a bummer because we planned on being in the tournament. 

The good news is that both Travis and Jayley's teams took 1st place in their divisions. The champions get sweatshirts and 2nd place gets t-shirts.

CHAMPIONS
This is Nick Silva and Travis after their championship game sporting their champion sweatshirts.
CHAMPIONS
Cassidy, Bailey, Brindalyn, Jayley
I purposely took this picture with the clock up above them. If you look at the time it says, "12:26". That is the correct time. It is 12:26  a.m. That's part of the fun of the tournament. It goes until the double elimination is completed. The final game of the night got over around 1:00 a.m. Jayley's team had just finished their game when I took this picture.
Jayley on the court right before her championship game started.
Jayley's team's name was 2BJC. It stood for 2-B's-Bailey and Brindalyn, J-Jayley, C-Cassidy
Jayley made the shirts for her team.
 Nick made the shirts for their team. They were called the "Bomb Squad".
Brady, Travis, and Nick right after their championship game. 

3 comments:

Johnsonsblog said...

That's awesome! Looks fun. Dang Travis is tall!

Vicki said...

I know he is 6'2" already. It's crazy.

Donalyn said...

That is so cool that looks like so much fun. I wish I was there for it. That is just so cool and fun. I am jealous.