(Okay, I just looked at these pictures and they aren't the ones I wanted. I took more closer to when I was done, but they aren't on my computer for some reason. These ones don't have any of the decorations or wall hangings up. The rooms look bare. Oh well, it's all non existent now so I guess why do I care :) lol





Two of my best friends in Las Vegas. Carrie, Mandy, and Me. We got to enjoy one last day in our backyard and their kids went swimming one last time.
I rotated this picture before I uploaded it, but it won't stay rotated. This is the concrete slab with our hand prints in it. I had to cover it up with rocks. It's in the riverbed in our front yard in Las Vegas. I accomplished all that had to be done that trip. It was sad to say goodbye, but it's a good feeling to be done.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Bye Bye Las Vegas
So here is the story of our house in Las Vegas for the past year. We put it up for sale last May. By January we still had no offers and so we needed to choose another route. We figured we could rent it or we could furnish it and set it up as a vacation rental. We decided to go for the vacation rental. So in January I took a trip to Las Vegas and furnished the whole entire house. It looked so awesome. These are some of the pictures I took as I was furnishing. I wasn't completely finished when I took the pictures as you can tell in some of the rooms, but you get the idea. Then in February Ron came down and took over where I left off. He installed surround sound and 50" HDTV in the living room and HDTV's in the bedrooms. The house was awesome. Well, then in March right when it was ready to be rented we got an offer on it. Many have said well at least furnishing it and making it really nice sold it for you.....well, actually it didn't. The people who made an offer saw it the summer before while we were still living there. They hadn't seen it since we furnished it. Now because the market is so bad and we have no plans of returning to Las Vegas we accepted the offer. It's a lease option, but it's better than nothing. So I spent the last week of May down in Las Vegas selling everything and clearing it out. Probably the best thing out of the whole ordeal is that I got two trips to Vegas out of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh wow. That post totally made me sad! The house looked great but it just wasn't the same. :( We are so glad that you got it sold and off of your hands though! What a burden lifted. It was fun to see pics of Carrie and Mandy too. Glad you got to have some great company down there.
Hi! I saw you on Jenny's blog (this is her sister Emily). It is fun to see how much your kids have grown. They are all so beautiful! I was sad to hear about your sweet Jaden. I hope she is doing better! I was trying to figure out where you live from your blog...I came up with Utah or Alaska?? Good luck with everything!
That last picture made me cry.
(I'm glad you took a picture of it.)
I'm so sad you guys are done with vegas but I have to remind myself how good alaska is for your family. I love the brown bedspread! the house looked so good.
I just read your comm ents on my blog. Thanks. Can you believe on Bri's page I didn't even use a kit. I just used a doodlebat font for the dots and black ribbon like thing. absolutely no kits. I have bought a ton of kits but can't figure out how to use them. as for emy's teeth... it was so sad and I sure wish Ron would have been around. I did try talking Jer into letting me take her into our dentist and have him pull them but You know Jer, he didn't think it was worth it.
-Bobbi
That is really sad to see that house go it was so nice. But I guess life is all about moving on huh? I love that last picture. I have lots of great memories of that house. I will never forget it.
Post a Comment