Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happy 14th Birthday Brent

We have nicknamed this birthday the fire birthday. If it could go wrong. It did. I made a cake in the early afternoon. About 30 minutes later I realized that I was out of butter. I went downstairs to the freezer and pulled some out then came upstairs and opened the oven. It was almost all the way cooled down but still a little warmer than room temperature so I set a cube of butter and a cube of cream cheese in the oven so that they would be softened a couple of hours later when I needed to make the frosting. Well, a couple of hours later I took Brent to the store to buy some pizza. While we were gone I called Jake and asked him to turn the oven on so when we got home we could cook the pizzas. When we got home I dropped off Brent and his friend Steven. They came inside with the pizzas. I went and picked Ron up from work. Before I got home the kids called me and told me there was a fire in the oven. They used the fire extinguisher to put it out. That's when I remembered the butter and cream cheese in the oven. So Ron took the kids to the church to play basketball and cook the pizzas down there. Well, there was a sewer back up at the other end of the church that distracted Ron. He was attending to emergency cleanup with a few other guys and forgot about the pizzas so they burnt. Next, I'm making the icing for his cake and Jaden is playing with the cake. She tilts the cake pan and the whole thing falls out onto the floor. We salvaged it. I just kinda put it back in the pan best as I could. I couldn't ice it normal so I just squirted icing all over. Then when we were lighting the candles Jaden was helping me and her hair caught on fire! Brent's friends then started saying that this was the fire birthday. Luckily, they all still had fun!







1 comment:

seven smiles said...

Oh my.

happy bday, Brent!

(and, poor Jaden.)

xo - j