Monday, January 11, 2010

Problem Solving

Now this story is hilarious. Here is how it goes....Brent and Jake have (had) a bad  habit of sleeping in the living room. One night Brent woke up in the middle of the night. He went down into the garage to get his blanket out of the dryer. The one he wanted to sleep with was still drying when he went to bed. Well, when he came back up the stairs the door was locked. Some of my door knobs are so annoying because from the inside you don't notice that they are locked because they still turn. It was 3:00 am, everyone was sleeping. He screamed for somebody to come open the door for him, but nobody heard him.  
He found a piece of paper, wrote a note and slipped it under the door. The note read: Brent is stuck down here (with an arrow pointing down.) Nobody woke up and noticed:) 
So next, he got a hammer and made a hole in the door. He figured that a hole would allow him to scream louder. Surely, we would hear him now! Nope, everyone was still snoozing.
So he created a bigger hole by the door knob. This time he was able to slip his hand through the hole to unlock the door.




We have a huge storage room connected to the garage. Inside of it is a twin mattress. Travis gave Brent a hard time and said, "Why would you go through all of that? I would have just slept on the bed in the storage room." I told Travis that Brent was thinking outside the box and that he was a problem solver:) Good thing I plan on getting rid of those ugly brown doors. 

6 comments:

Nat Lud said...

That is so funny! What a thinker!

seven smiles said...

Oh, that IS good.
Poor Brent...

Jaymi said...

That is hilarious!I'm not at all suprised he came up with several different ideas.

Cajsa said...

That is hilarious. It's a great way to make sure your doors get replaced! So sorry to hear about Ari. I hope Travis and his wife are doing okay. We'll keep them in our prayers.

The Framptons said...

and that is why I love Brent. What a cutie. I love that he keeps trying...he never gives up. Such a funny story. but poor brent veing locked out makes me want to hug him.

Snedegar said...

Hey Vicki,
that's funny. I don't know how to contact you, but I wanted to say hi. Call or e-mail me, I miss you. Love, Kassidy