Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Serving humble pie

I am continually being humbled. I guess it is part of growing up in this life. I used to take a lot of pride in my children being well kept from head to toe, especially on Sundays. Nobody left the house EVER without their hair being combed and you didn't dare think of going to church with white socks on. 



I remember seeing other kids with messy hair, or pants too small, or white socks on and thinking to myself...."Why on earth would there mother let them out of the house looking like that?" I really did not get it.

The humble pie has been smeared in my face........

Both boys have wrinkled shirts, Brent's has a huge tear in the side. Jake is wearing one of Brent's shirts so it is WAY too big. None of the boys hair is combed and they need HAIRCUTS big time. Jaden has a butch cut, and I do believe that all three boys are wearing white socks!

WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEIR MOTHER LET THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE LOOKING LIKE THAT?

7 comments:

Jaymi said...

That is hilarious! I would of never thought you would have a picture like that. At least they are still cute kids but a little rug ratish.

seven smiles said...

laughing because I KNOW you!
Good thing the kids underneath the clothes {& hair :) } are so stinkin' cute.

Maile Fano said...

I have had the exact some thoughts, but have learned fast that they have already been to church looking like a mess when I am not home to help out. Or, they just don't go. I would much rather prefer the former. I know that one day my time will come when i don't get Kalena's hair done or the boys will just be slobs, what can we do?

Liz Lane said...

LOL. That's too funny. I know...never say never. Also, stop at three and life will still be somewhat together. P.S. Cute clothes hand-me-downs from your sister also help. :)My kids would be in sad shape if not for your shopping compulsion.

Nat Lud said...

So funny. Ya really just do learn so much more as time goes on. And ya learn to just let it go. It's all ya can do, right?! They are still adorable. Love you!

The Framptons said...

LOL. What is that scripture or saying about ever thing has a season? The longer I live and the more kids I have the morwe answers I receive to questions like yours. (Why would their mother let them dress like that)

gonzalesnine said...

Hey count your blessings at least the boys have white shirts and ties on. Mariyah went to church one sunday without her shoes and nobody seem to notice until I looked down during sacrament and said where are your shoes and she just said "I couldn't find them". And there are definitely seasons in our lives and you learn to look back and laugh.