Spring/Summer has arrived and we are so happy and excited. I can't tell you how good it feels to have these warm, sunny days. I'm not kidding when I say that this past week has been the best week in the 21 months that we have lived in Alaska. (Weather speaking). Last summer was so crappy. It was cold and rainy all summer long. I'm hoping that this latest weather is an indication of what is to come for the rest of the summer. It has been in the mid to high 60's and sometimes reaching 70. It is so unreal. Anyway, I know most of you can't relate, but it's been absolutely amazing. 2 days ago it was so nice outside, I couldn't stay inside any longer and so Sam and I got in the car and drove to ward lake. It has an awesome hiking trail around it and so we walked around the lake. Again,
it was so beautiful. The skunk cabbage or maybe it's called bear cabbage, oh heck I don't remember. The bears like to eat it. It's the pretty yellow flowers below, they were starting to really bloom. Come summer they will be huge and all over the place. We saw a blue bird. I was wondering if it's the kingfisher. I don't know for sure. It didn't really matter though because we were having a blast enjoying the outdoor sunshine.







On the drive home

probably inappropriate, but it was just too cute.
2 comments:
The scenery is beautiful but that tushy is so cute! How funny. It looks so awesome there. We sure wish we were hitting the baptism! ;)
Yay! So happy you're having good weather now. It is so beautiful.
Post a Comment