Thursday, May 29, 2008

Time flies

Oh my....how time flies. I can't believe it has been over a month since I have posted. I don't have enough time for everything. Jaden had a few more rough weeks when we first got back, but now she is doing so awesome. She seems to be back to her normal self which I must add comically that it's not normal for most other kids, but it is normal for her. She is quite the character and very witty. On Sunday as we were leaving, she said to the Bishop "bye cutie".

I also need to add that I am in Las Vegas again. This time it is only me. It's crazy. I had so much fun on the airplane. I couldn't decide if I should read or sleep. I couldn't get over the fact that I was flying by myself without any kids. It was amazing and sooooo relaxing. Well, if you are wondering why I'm in Vegas, we finally sold our house. Well, we sold it as a lease option. We are so relieved. I can't wait to be done with it, but at the same time I am so sad. It's hard to think that in 48 hours somebody else will be living in my house. This should always be our house, don't you agree. I don't want to let go of it. I was out front this morning showing Carrie our handprints that we did in our rock bed. On May 9 of 2002 we moved all the rocks and put cement down so we wouldn't have to deal with weeds anymore. Then we put the rocks back. So if you move the rocks on one end we have everyone's handprints with their names. I didn't think we would ever leave. I thought we would be able to look at everyone's handprints forever. I started crying while me and Carrie were looking at it. It was really sad. I wouldn't trade living in Alaska for anything, but this is not easy. We pretty much have raised our kids up to this point in this home. When we moved into this home Brent was a baby. I only had 3 kids!!! There are so many memories here. Okay I need to stop babbling because now I'm wiping tears again. I'm a big baby. This is harder than I thought it would be. Tomorrow we do a walk through with the realtor and Saturday I turn over the keys.

5 comments:

The Framptons said...

Its crazy to think that you no longer have that house either. When we think of your family we think of Vegas and all the memories that we all had living there at one time or another. We were starting to think you forgot how to blog with no entries for a while???? Its good to hear that Jayden is doing well, hopefully it last this way forever!

The Framptons said...

That last comment was from Jer. Now that he has more time at home he blogs like a WOMAN. Anyway....it makes me sad too. I imagine it would be like when mom and dad sold the Page house. A lot of memories go into a home.

Nat Lud said...

Oh my gosh! I checked your blog today and was so happy to see a new post! I have missed your updates. I am so glad jaden is doing good. We love her so much! I was so bummed reading your post. I will miss your house too! We had so many fun times there. But we can make new ones at your new house when we come in August! :)

seven smiles said...

welcome back to blogland.
everyone has missed you :)

I'm sad about your house too, lots of great memories there.
It's still hard for me to picture that your family actually lives somewhere else!

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
I'm so glad to see the new blog post. Congratulations on the house selling and so happy to hear Jaden is doing so much better! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday sweetie. I'll call you, Eva